Background

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Long Long Day


The day is finally over thank goodness.  It started at 7:00 this morning when we got to the hospital to check in for our scans today.  Maverick was hungry and tired since he was NPO after 2:00 this morning, but as always managed to give lots of smiles.  The MRI took an hour and 20 minutes and that was just the time he was in the machine, all together about 3 hours. 
Then we went for x rays and the injection for the nuclear scan, the scan that should of happened yesterday but once again there were problems with the contrast and it somehow did not make it on the truck, lucky us.  After today's injection we waited for 3 hours and then finally had the scan at 4:00 this afternoon.  What a day.  That is not all we have to go back tomorrow for a 35 minute scan with Maverick strapped to a board and awake, that should be fun.  Also today a couple of other things happened.  One of my best friends lost her grandmother in a horrible wreck out by bishop hills.  She was a precious lady whom will be missed greatly, please pray for her and her family as they suffer this horrible loss. 

One more thing this morning when Maverick was getting accessed I ran into our oncologist and mentioned that in the past two days we think that Mavericks eyes look yellow, so he ordered some blood tests.  Well they did not come back good, his billirubin was high at 3.6 and other liver functions were also high.  They are unsure at this point what is causing this but have told us they want to see what the scans show.  My heart sank when I got back the results, we have come so far and now this, what does it mean, why??  I am so scared to know what is wrong, is the tumor growing, do we have to have more chemo, needless to say I'm scared to death.  I don't know if I can handle more chemo and  I don't want to put Maverick through that now that he is older.  I know I know it is in God's hands but I'm still scared.  I'm overwhelmed feeling by all these tests and by trying to manage work, Ella, and home.  I think I am getting sick, I feel like crap, great timing right.  I think my body is just trying to tell me to breathe!!  Please pray for us and these results, please pray that his bilirubin will go back to normal on its own, please pray for our strength.

6 comments:

  1. Lifting you up tonight. Know you are surrounded by the Holy Spirit.

    One Day at a Time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though you may feel alone and scared please know that you have a friend by your side and he is a wonderful listener!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear the worry in your words and my hearts feels it. Meg & Ryan, be assured you and your sweet family are in our prayers and we are lifting you up and asking God for healing for Mav and Meg. May God's peace and courage be yours in abundance.

    With much love,

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you had a hard day....love you guys and will continue to pray for all of you!! It was so good to see you and Mav on Monday...he always makes me smile!!!
    Shalea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megan! Oh my goodness...when I got your post on our blog I cried. I am so sorry to hear about this latest. I have heard SO much about Maverick from so so many people. Let's get together. I want to meet you and Maverick. I am praying praying praying. I am so glad to have a link to your blog. Here is my email... www.snuzi@suddenlink.net I look forward to meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad Maverick handled his scans so well. We'll be praying for clear scans!

    ReplyDelete