Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Doing Great





Per the Doc Maverick did  really well during surgery.  They had to intibate Maverick and then they were able to go in through the esophagus with a scope and camera and they were able to cut a slit in the end of a bulging bile duct.  Doctor said when he made the cut bile and crud flowed out forcefully.  They think they saw one stone flow through, which was probably what was blocking the duct.  There were no complications, except they had to switch scopes half way through cause the one they started with was too big.  Maverick came out of sedation just fine. 
 Doctors were worried he might develop pancreatitis since sometimes after this procedure that happens but Maverick did not develop any symptoms of it over night.  He also ate very well and did not appear to be in pain.  I am so proud of that little guy!!
  We still had a rough night because every time we tried to lay him down in the crib he was fine but as soon as you tried to put up the loud rails he woke up.  My mom and I took turns sitting in the recliner sleeping holding Mav (in the recliner that didn't recline might I mention).  Labs were drawn this morning and his billirubin was back down to .6 and all other values were good per doc.  Yeah!!   They have started Maverick on some medicine to try to get the sludge out of his gallbladder and the Dr. wants us to follow up with an ultrasound in 6 weeks.  They say we will get to go home sometime today.  Thank you everyone for your continued prayers, God has once again provided for, protected, and loved my little Maverick and brought him through this like a champ.  Thank you God!!

11 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord! Good game, Mav!

    Love y'all!

    Karen Maye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Game Mighty Mav. Praying for you continuously. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Megan - I am Karen Feagins mom and I have followed you since the beginning of your Caring Bridge account. I am so happy that the surgery went well and that it has given at least a temporary relief from the bilirubin issues it is a blessing. I hope the sludge goes away and will continue to pray for Maverickand all of you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been checking frequently last evening and this morning so am really, really glad to hear this great news! Even though I don't know you personally, I feel as if I do! It is a privilege to be with you on this journey. Prayers continue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeaaaahhhh!!!!!
    Shalea

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear the good news! Continuing to pray for yall!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so stinkin' tough!! He is definitely living up to his name. Thanks be to God for the success of the procedure and Mav's speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Mighty Mav!!! Keep up the good work! So glad everything went well and hope he has a speedy recovery! Still praying! Love ya!

    Jen Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hurray! I've been looking forward to seeing a post from you all day! He's such a trooper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome news! Glad you get to go home so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Megan, we have you guys covered in prayer!! We thank God again for another prayer answered! Have a safe trip home, and give your mom a hug for us!!

    ReplyDelete