Background

Thursday, April 28, 2011

You Might Be a Redneck!!





 

Well if you ever have been tubing down the Canadian River pulled by a four wheeler, took a mud bath, went to the bathroom in a compost toilet, or took a shower outside you then you might be a redneck!!








That plus cooking outside, scavenger hunts for things in nature, easter egg hunts and spending time with family wraps up our Easter weekend. 













We had a great time last weekend with my mom and dad, my four nieces and nephew and my brother and sister in law and their three children, and on Sunday Ryan's parents joined us.  Ella had a blast playing in the rocks and dirt and just being outside and playing with her CRAZY cousins,




 and Maverick well he was a trooper also loving the outdoors, even if the wind did blow constantly!!  He didn't care where he was as long as he could get down and crawl around.



Also this past weekend my oldest three nieces and nephew (Reagan, Chrissie, and Brian) took their first communion and were confirmed into the Catholic church. We are so proud of them!


I just got back the first part of Maverick's urine test from this month, results are below:

October 2010

VMA 22.1
HVA 105.7

October 2010
VMA 4.9
HVA 29.6

January 2010
VMA  33
HVA  36.7

February 2011
VMA 12.8
HVA 25.8

March 2011
VMA 11.8
HVA 25

April 2011
VMA 10.7
HVA ??

Yeah, great news, VMA is still going down, we will see what the HVA says in a couple of days, Praise the Lord.  I know we received a no cancer scan but every month at this time my stomach still hurts with worry that something will come up.  It has been so hard to accept these "cancer free" words in fear that maybe it is not real, maybe they missed something, are they sure?? We pretty much live a normal life now except for medicine every weekend, monthly trips to the doctor, and the occasional scan. Worry  still sets in everytime Maverick comes up with a runny nose, cold, or fever, as it would with any mom, but I think I might think the worst sometimes, which I guess is normal given what we have been through. 

We have an ultrasound scheduled for the end of May and an appointment with the gastro doctor for news on Maverick's gallbladder, we hope and pray it is cleaned out so we don't have to have surgery to remove it. I think that might be my last straw of sanity!!



So I mentioned I cut my hair and ever since my little Ella has been asking me to cut hers.  I had to explain that her hair is really curly and that it would not look good with hair as short as mine.  So last night I cut her hair just a little (about 3 inches) and she was so happy.  She went to show daddy and said "look daddy mommy cut my hair, but don't worry daddy it is still long" . It was sooo cute, she was so excited!!  I love that onrey little girl, even if she does push my buttons most of the time!!

Until next time. . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am glad things are going well. I am so glad you posted the VMA/HVA numbers. We are waiting on Jude's and I am glad to be a little educated on what to expect.
    Still keeping yall in our prayers!
    Steph

    ReplyDelete