Background

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Good and Bad

What a day, what a day.  Well it started with me staying in bed once again not feeling well.  I tried to get up and go to work but almost blacked out in shower I felt so bad, so I went to doctor to make sure I didn't have the flu. Turns out no flu but an upper respiratory infection, got some meds.  While at the doctor I missed a call from Dr. Regueria, which when I saw his name it really scared me because they told me we would talk on Tuesday unless they saw something major, I was scared to check his message.  Well here is the good news, sorry not good but GREAT! 





 The bone scan was clean, the nuclear scan was clean, the MRI showed one spot that per the report could be small tumor or scar tissue.  Per Dr. Regueria the fact that the nuclear scan was clean and showed no active tumor cells we are under the assumption that the spot on the MRI is scar tissue, which means NO TUMOR!!  So I asked Dr. when we could say Maverick was disease free and said he is now. Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Praise the Lord Almighty, we have been waiting 7 long months for those words and today we got them.  The Lord is Good!  We are so thrilled for this news that we should be celebrating right? 

Well now for the bad, the reason for Maverick's jaundice is that per the MRI a gall stone has formed and fallen down into the bile duct blocking off part of the duct. The only way to fix this problem is to do surgery, and they don't do this surgery here so we have to go to Dallas.  Yep Childrens at Dallas.  They want us to go tomorrow and have surgery on Wednesday.  So we go, we are so excited for the cancer free news but so scared of the unknown of this surgery and everything else that comes with it. I've really tried to focus on the good of today but I'm really having trouble because I'm scared to death.  I think this is only surgery, Mav will be fine, right, after all he beat CANCER! But what always comes back to me is WHY?  Why did we get this far and now this.  I know it is God's plan and we are just along for the ride but man o man!


6 comments:

  1. Meg and Ryan,
    What great news!!! I'm in McKinney, if you need anything while you're here please let me know. Continued prayers for you. Hang in there Maverick.
    Love,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wonderful cancer free news! Praise God! I am rejoicing with you! Yall will be in our prayers as you travel to Dallas for the surgery. I am also praying your meds work quickly so you are feeling your very best for this trip.
    Love and Prayers,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears to my eyes to hear those wonderful words! Praise God! I will be praying my heart out about this surgery!!! love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was awesome holding and playing with your little guy this morning! Thank you for sharing him!

    As always, we lift your family in prayer and thank God for each of you. We will also pray for the caregivers in Dallas for God's guiding hand in all they do for Mav.

    Love you MORE!

    K Maye

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord for NO CANCER!!

    As always, you're in my prayers as you travel to Dallas and for a positive outcome for the surgery.

    Love,
    Brenda Sardagna

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL NEWS!! I have been keeping up with the latest news from the start and praying for Mighty Mav and your family - and I will continue to!!

    (I am a friend of Jen Taylor's BTW - she has spread the word to pray all over up here!)

    Julie Burks

    ReplyDelete