Background

Friday, August 12, 2011

Been too long






Wow I really suck at this updating thing.  I forget, I get busy, you know the living life thing!!

 Well Maverick had a wonderful little birthday party in the park. 








 The very best of friends and family came to wish him a Happy 1st Birthday, and it was great.   Thank you to all who came, we appreciate you.  Maverick wanted nothing to do with the presents, unwrapping them or the boxes either, but he would play with the toys once  you put them down in front of him.  He also wanted nothing to do with the cake, he stuck a couple of fingers in his cup cake and licked them, and then was done and wanted out of his high chair. I will say he was tired and needed a nap, but man he was straight faced the whole day!

Its funny, you never know how they are going to act!  Ella at one was all about her cake and presents, girls vs. boys  I guess!  Here is Ella at one, how cute is she!!

Its really hard to believe that our baby is one and our other baby is four, man how times fly when you are raising kids. 



Summer is now officially over in my husbands and kids eyes, Ryan went back to work on Thursday in Dumas and we are shuffling around the kids until Ella starts back to Montessori next week. Its sad, Thursday they all missed each other so much. But boy they sure did have fun this summer, sleeping in (sometimes), playing in the back yard, swimming at the pool, you know doing nothing! 


 Well back to reality my little family, summer is over!! 

Mav had his one year appointment this week, he is doing great with everything.  We have him off the bottle and off formula, sleep is our only issue, but we will get there eventually. Right?? He is scheduled for surgery August 24th at BSA, he will get to get his port out (Hallelujah) and also his gallbladder, yep that's right. Talked to my pediatrician and she finally made things happen by bypassing the gastro doctor and talking with the surgeon.  They all agree it is best to have it out before other issues arise, so that is what we will do.  Man little Mav has been under the knife more times than most adults, poor baby! Hopefully this is the LAST time! Please keep him in your prayers on the 24th that all will go well and he will recover quickly. 




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad Maverick had such a great birthday! Wish we could've been there to help celebrate! Good luck to Ryan going to back to school and I hope the kids make an easy adjustment back into the "real world"! I go back to school Tuesday and am sad to leave my kiddos. Glad everyone had a good summer though! Miss you! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete