Background

Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Blessed Mothers Day



I wrote this last Monday May 9th, but it has taken me this long to get it posted.



We had a wonderful weekend at the farm fighting the CRAZY heat. The kids played and played while the boys planted 18 new trees. That's hard in 102 degree heat!!



It is so nice being out in the middle of no where with no worries, no traffic, no stores, no cell service, just peace and quiet.

I awoke to miss Ella and Ryan giving me a beautiful necklace for mothers day, I loved it!.  What a beautiful day it was, Ryan and I  are so so blessed with two children who are both thriving and finally healthy, what a day to celebrate!


God knew that Maverick needed to be here and although it was hard to grasp, I understand it much better now.  He is here to bring laughter and smiles to my hurting family. You can see it so clearly if you see my parents or nieces and nephew with him, he makes them smile even when they don't want to. God knew all of this I know now, and it was all part of his plan.



    For mothers day we started off at church and then went to visit my sister Sherri's grave.  The head stone was finally put up (which was beautiful) and her kids let go balloons for her to celebrate mothers day and her birthday which is today.  It was hard to go but was good for us all to go visit her together.  The kids were strong as always, they amaze me. 


I want to thank my mom quickly for everthing. She is my role model hands down.  She is the most thoughtful, caring person I know, who never stops to think of herself before making sure everyone else is taken care of.  She goes non-stop even though exhausted and takes care of her grandchildren as they were her own children.  She loves everyone unconditionally, and I love her with all my heart! Thank you mom!






Finally I want to say happy birthday to my sweet sister Sherri.  I love you so much and miss you even more. What I would give to see you again.  I miss your beautiful, beautiful face, your gorgeous smile, your laugh, your hip style and your positive attitude.  I could go on and on forever. Thank you my dear sister for holding Mavericks hand over the past few months, I truly believe you were there with him in that hospital room watching over him and keeping your angel wings wrapped around him.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of you. Don't worry, mom and dad are taking great care of your children and providing for them in every way they can. My promise to you Sherri is that I will talk about you often and love your kids as they were my own, I will never let them forget!

 I promise also that there will be justice for your death, maybe not right now but there will be someday.  I love you, I love you, I love you, I wish I could of told you that the day you died or been there to protect you, will all do.  Please kiss our baby brother, our grandparents, and all those we have lost who are up there in heaven with you. 
I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with out talking to you and seeing your beautiful face, but I will wait, because I know one day I will see you again. 





I leave with this bible verse that I read recently: 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

 1 For everything there is a season,
      a time for every activity under heaven.
 2 A time to be born and a time to die.
      A time to plant and a time to harvest.
 3 A time to kill and a time to heal.
      A time to tear down and a time to build up.
 4 A time to cry and a time to laugh.
      A time to grieve and a time to dance.
 5 A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.
      A time to embrace and a time to turn away.
 6 A time to search and a time to quit searching.
      A time to keep and a time to throw away.
 7 A time to tear and a time to mend.
      A time to be quiet and a time to speak.
 8 A time to love and a time to hate.
      A time for war and a time for peace.

 9 What do people really get for all their hard work? 
10 I have seen the burden God has placed on us all. 
11 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. 
   He has planted eternity in the human heart, 
   but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work 
   from beginning to end. 
12 So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and 
   enjoy ourselves as long as we can. 
13 And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their 
   labor, for these are gifts from God.

14 And I know that whatever God does is final. 
   Nothing can be added to it or taken from it. 
   God's purpose is that people should fear him. 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. I did not know you lost your sister. I am so sorry. I am glad you had a good mother's day. Prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, your post made me smile and cry at the same time. I know that is what your family does each & every day. You continue living because you have to, but there is always your pain of losing Sherri even in the midst of smiles.

    I'm so glad that you were able to spend Mother's Day with your mom and your dad who have given such a gift of love to all of you. Every single one of you shines with beauty that comes from within. Your pain and suffering will make you stronger in your faith, more faithful in your family, and more loving to all.

    God will take care of justice. I know He will. And we will all thank Him when it happens and only rejoice for Sherri, the kids and all of you.

    Lots of love,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you guys. Fills my heart wih such joy and reminds me of what I have before my eyes. Since we lost Eric's dad and my gpa to cancer a year and a half ago out lives too have changed. So glad to see everyone thriving and happy. I love and miss you guys. Much love to you all.

    Eric, Shonda Gayle
    Dylan & Ryan Weston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megan,

    That WAS a beautiful post!!! I am sooo thankful your Mother's Day was soo beautiful!!! I LOVE the pictures!!!

    It must have been hard to not have your sister there. You are precious to remember her!!! What beautiful children she has.

    I am SOOOO glad Maverick is doing soo well!!

    ♥♥ Love ya!! ♥♥
    C.O.L.E.'s Foundation
    (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally)
    www.colesfoundation.org
    Email: sandy@colesfoundation.com
    Sandy Daron

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful to our good and loving God for Maverick's good health and precious smile! Your family is a testament of God's faithfulness and strength. Thinking of your family often and we will continue to pray!! Much love, Heather

    ReplyDelete